Belco Opens Nominations for Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee
The Nominating Committee of Belco Community Credit Union hereby opens nominations to the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee for its 2021 election cycle. The members of the Nominating Committee were duly appointed by Board Chair, Terry Hessler, and include: Stephanie Miller, Committee Chair, Jeffrey Cohick, Dawn Gamble and Chris Feather.
This nomination period is for two (2) seats on the Board of Directors for a three-year term and two (2) seats on the Supervisory Committee for a three-year term. The individuals currently holding these seats and who remain eligible to seek nomination and election are:
Board of Directors: Terry Hessler, William O’Donnell
Supervisory Committee: Nancy Clay, Eric Leidigh
A member who is interested in being nominated to serve on the Board or the Supervisory Committee must meet the qualifications stated below. In addition, a member must complete the nomination form and include a biography of no more than 100 words.
The deadline for nominations is October 31, 2020. The qualifications to serve on the Board or the Supervisory Committee are:
- A nominee must be a member in good standing for at least 12 months prior to being submitted for nomination. A member in good standing means:
- All loans with the Credit Union are current.
- The Credit Union has suffered no losses as a result of the charge off or discharge in bankruptcy of any loans or other obligations to the Credit Union.
- The nominee must consent to a credit report and background check, as permitted by law, and the nominee must be bondable.
- The nominee’s background and experience demonstrate an ability to interpret financial statements and assess business performance.
- The nominee has experience with community organizations or service clubs.
- The nominee demonstrates an understanding of the mission and structure of credit unions.
- The nominee undergoes an interview with the Nominating Committee to review the nominee’s background, skills, and experience.
- A nominee may not be an employee of the credit union.
- A nominee may not be an immediate family member, as defined by current board policy, of an employee, or a current volunteer.
- A nominee understands that Board or Supervisory Committee members have continuing education requirements. The estimated time commitment to fulfill volunteer requirements is eight (8) hours per month.
Send the completed nomination form by close of business on October 31, 2020, by regular mail to: Nominating Committee, Belco Community Credit Union, 449 Eisenhower Boulevard Harrisburg, PA 17111, or by email to: email@example.com.