Belco in the Community
At Belco, our dedication to meeting our members’ needs is matched only by our dedication to giving back to the communities we serve through volunteer participation, fundraising, financial literacy programs, sponsorship’s, and charitable contributions throughout the year. Belco is proud to be a part of what matters to our members.
Spanish American Civic Association FIESTA
On Thursday, May 17, we sponsored and attended the SACA Fiesta in Lancaster to support our community.
April was National YOUTH Month
The month of April was National Youth Month. We had goals, activities, and special contests throughout the month at the branches.
- Our goal for new youth member accounts was 300; we reached the goal at 325
- Our goal for number of youth deposits was 13,000; we reached the goal at 14,793
- Our goal for total amount of deposits was $500,000; we reached the goal at $589,382
Since we met all 3 of our Youth Month goals, we will again be donating $1,000 to Children’s Miracle Network
- Safari Club Coloring Contest Winner – $50 Target Gift Card – Layla W., Dillsburg, PA
- Teen Essay Contest Winner –$50 Target Gift Card – Xander F., Camp Hill, PA
- iPad Winner – Blaine W., Hershey, PA (3,274 youth qualified to win the iPad)
$50 Visa Gift Card Branch Winners
- Paxton St., Harrisburg – Terra M.
- Allentown Blvd., Harrisburg – Ava H.
- Pinnacle – Justo L.
- Camp Hill – Kenneth M.
- Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg – Vatsal G.
- Regency, Lancaster – Kai
- Duke St., Lancaster – Osiah L.
- Oregon Pike, Lancaster – Delaney H.
- Gettysburg – Joshua S.
- Hanover – Emily S.
- Lebanon – Dakota W.
- Eastgate, Carlisle – Chris M.
- Hanover St., Carlisle – Nicholas D.
- Big Spring, Newville – Liana S.
Telephone Pioneers “Everybody’s Birthday” Gala
On Thursday, May 3, we sponsored and attended an “Everyone’s Birthday” gala for the Telephone Pioneers group. The group was created by retired Bell Telephone employees.
Harrisburg Senators Educational Day – May 2
On May 2, Belco sponsored the Harrisburg Senators Educational Day. We asked the kids educational questions about money.
Take Your Daughters & Sons to Work Day
On Thursday, April 26, we hosted over 30 employees’ children on National Take Your Daughters & Sons to Work Day. At the Operations Center, special guest Karen Young attended with her Susquehanna Service Dog in training to talk to the kids about their program.
Belco’s Annual Meeting Dinner & Gala
This year, over 550 members and friends attended our Annual Meeting Dinner at the Radisson on Saturday, April 21. In conjunction with our Kentucky Derby theme, Prairie Fire Horse Farms attended and brought a few of their horses to the event.
Logan’s Run and Walk for Autism
We sponsored the Logan’s Run and Walk for Autism on Saturday, April 21 on Harrisburg’s City Island.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake Event – Belco raised over $5,000
On Saturday, April 7, over 20 employees & friends participated in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake event at ABC West Bowling Alley in Mechanicsburg.
Safari Club Easter Egg Hunts
On Saturday, March 24, we had two Safari Club Egg Hunts, one in Lancaster & Gettysburg. On Saturday, March 31, we also had two Safari Club Egg Hunts, one in Harrisburg & Carlisle. Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us. Hundreds of kids came out to these events.
Dauphin County Women’s Expo
We participated in the Dauphin County Women’s Expo on Saturday, March 10 at the Hershey Lodge.
We had over 250 attendees stop by to see us.
Carlisle C.A.R.E.S. was the recipient of $1,000 generated from Belco’s recent “Souper Bowl” Soup Cook-off and Bake Sale on Friday, February 2.
On Saturday, January 20, a group of 13 employees and members helped with food distribution at Project SHARE in Carlisle.