Belco Community Credit Union Membership
Get access to competitive rates, fewer fees, and a community-focused team that’s committed to helping you navigate your financial journey. When you join a credit union, you can also rest assured that your deposits are federally insured by NCUA.
At Belco, we believe in better banking. Become a member today and enjoy all the perks that come with our credit union membership, including:
We’re not-for-profit, which means our benefits go back to you in the form of lower loan rates and higher savings yields.
Your deposits are federally insured by NCUA, so you don’t have to worry about the markets.
Online & Mobile Banking
Local, Trusted Team
We’re not your average financial institution. We’re dedicated to meeting your needs and giving back to the communities we serve.
Belco Community Credit Union Membership Eligibility
You are eligible to join if you live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, or York counties.
If you don’t meet the above membership requirements, you can still qualify for membership by being an immediate relative of a current member.
When you’re ready to join our credit union, make sure to have the following documents handy, as you’ll need them to complete your application:
- Government issued ID/Driver’s License/State ID or Passport with current address
- Your complete physical and mailing address
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
Becoming a member is easier than ever. You can complete your application online in just a few minutes.
Why Choose Belco Community Credit Union?
When you choose us, you’re not just a customer; you become a valued member of a community-focused financial institution. Our commitment to “digging roots” and giving back runs deep, and it’s at the heart of everything we do. Some of the things that set us apart from other financial institutions are:
- A Dedicated Financial Education Team: We have a dedicated education department to help empower you with the financial knowledge you need to meet your goals.
- Community-Focused Initiatives: When you join Belco, you support a credit union that invests in the well-being of the community it serves.
- Giving Back and Making an Impact: We’re proud to support local charities, sponsor community events, and participate in initiatives that make a positive impact in our community.
- Competitive Products and Services: We are proud to offer competitive financial products and services designed to set your finances up for success. From low-rate loans to high-interest savings accounts, and fewer fees, we strive to provide options that help you reach your financial goals faster.
Don’t wait any longer to receive the banking you deserve. Apply for your Belco Community Credit Union membership today.
“I would highly recommend using Belco and its services to anyone. I find their interest rates are better than the average Bank.”
– Ruth C.
“Blows standard banking away in every aspect. I have all of my personal and business accounts here now.”
– James F.
“I love Belco! Everyone is so friendly, and they genuinely care for you and your money. As it’s a credit union there are rules on who can put money in there, but I’d say the majority are able to. Plus CU’s give a better rate of return and are sometimes easier to get a loan through. They have a really great kids saving program too.”
Need More Information Before You Join Belco Community Credit Union?
Credit Union Membership FAQs
What account do I need to open when I become a member?
What are credit unions and how are they different than banks?
Credit unions are not-for-profit institutions, while banks are for-profit. That means that, while banks exist to create a profit for their stakeholders, credit unions give their profit back to their members in the form of lower fees and competitive rates.
Who can join a credit union?
Membership requirements are different for every credit union. You can join Belco Community Credit Union if:
- You live, work, worship, volunteer, or attend school in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, or York counties in PA.
- You are an immediate family member of a current member.
To join, simply complete our online application. It only takes a few minutes and you’ll get access to all the perks that come with membership.
What products and services do credit unions offer?
At Belco Community Credit Union, we offer a wide range of products and services to fully support all your financial needs, from personal loans, to mortgage loans, and everything in between. Some of the products and services we offer are:
- Loans: Auto/Motorcycle Loans, RV Loans, Mortgage/Real Estate Loans, Home Equity Loans, and Lines of Credit, Share Secured Loans and Unsecured Personal Loans.
- Deposit Accounts: Checking Accounts, Basic Savings Accounts, Money Market Accounts, Certificate Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, IRAs, and Club Accounts, including Kids Checking and Savings Accounts.
- Investment Services: Money Management, 401(k) Rollovers, Estate Conservation, Business Planning, Insurance Planning, Retirement Planning, Investment Planning, and Education Planning.
- Business Services: Visa Business Cards, Business Checking, Business Line of Credit, Business Money Market, Business Term Loans, Commercial Real Estate, Merchant Services, and Belco Retirement & Investment Services (BRIS).
Some Ways to Save and Earn With Belco
A Share Savings Account is your gateway to Belco membership, products, and services. Deposit just $5 to get started!
Money Market Accounts
Earn higher rates on higher balances, so you’re motivated to save more. Your funds are easily accessible. Plus, enjoy unlimited withdrawals per month.
Individual Retirement Accounts
Choose the best type of IRA to meet your needs and enjoy the tax advantages. (Consult your Tax Advisor)