Belco Community Credit Union traces its roots back to 1939, when 25 employees of Bell Telephone Company each contributed $5 to start the new Belco Federal Credit Union.
- 1941: Belco has approximately 400 members
- 1963: Membership grows to 1,600 members
- 1969: Branch opens at 227 Pine Street Street in Harrisburg
- 1977: Belco reaches $10 million in assets
- 1990: Belco opens its Camp Hill branch office
- 1994: We reach $100 million in assets
- 1997: Belco converts to a state chartered credit union
- 2005: We convert to a community charter in order to expand our membership base
- 2007: New Operations Center opens in Swatara Township
- 2009: Belco now serves more than 47,000 members
- 2017: Serving more than 53,000 members in 7 counties from 11 branch offices with over $470 million in assets
You’re eligible to join Belco if you live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry or York counties. Our commitment to our members remains steadfast. Stop by any of our 11 convenient locations to inquire about membership, or any of our products and services.