Various service options available to members
We continue to assist members with personalized options that balance service with the safety of our employees and members. Even though how we are doing business has changed, we want to help you in the manner you feel most safe and most comfortable.
We have made appropriate staffing changes to handle additional incoming calls and and provide timely responses to online applications and inquiries. Use of our mobile delivery channels remains high, and we are committed to making these options convenient and accurate for all members.
We are also offering additional options at our branches:
- Night drop boxes can be used by all members to have transactions posted the next business day.
- Curbside service is available in designated parking spaces for specialized transactions or curbside appointments.
- In-branch appointments allow us to assist with more complex member products and service needs that cannot be completed online or by phone.
- Drive-thru lanes are equipped with transaction slip dispensers to help members be prepared and to speed every transaction.
- Members are welcome to call us at 800-642-4482 with questions or to arrange for specific needs.
We strongly encourage members to continue to use our online, mobile and telephone banking options, as well ATMs and drive-thru lanes, to complete your transactions whenever possible. Remember, with mobile deposit, you can deposit a check from your phone wherever you are. And because we are part of the Credit Union ATM Alliance Network (CU$), Belco members can use many credit union-owned ATMs without paying a surcharge.
Belco is following the latest public health protocols and directives to keep our employees and members safe. These measures include:
- Employees will continue to wear masks, and we ask that all visitors coming into a branch wear masks.
- We ask that all members practice social distancing in our branch offices; social distance markers have been placed on the floor to assist you.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our lobbies and offices.
- We will be refraining from shaking hands.
- We have implemented temperature checks for our employees at the beginning of their workday.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed in our member service areas.
- Member and employee touch points will be sanitized regularly.
- ATMs are sanitized regularly.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time, as we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, members and communities we serve.
We are here for you!
We understand you and your family may be worried about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), but want you to know we are here for you as we always have been. Your deposits are safe and insured. We’re not going anywhere, because at its core, our credit union is not a building or a business, it’s people unified for a common goal.
We take pride in helping serve the members and community during this trying time and are offering several options to help you financially.
Waiving Late or Skip-a-Pay Fees
We continue to work with our members to provide peace of mind through these unprecedented times. If you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and would like to inquire about having late or Skip-a-Pay fees waived, please reach out to a Member Service Representative at 800.642.4482 to discuss your options.
In an effort to continue to provide excellent member service during these unprecedented times, Belco is pleased to offer a hardship loan to assist members being impacted with loss of work, reduced hours, etc.
- Must be a Belco member on or before March 1, 2020
- Maximum loan term of 24 months
- Must have a 620 credit score or higher
- Must be submitted online with a copy of a recent paystub
- Maximum amount of the loan is $5,000 (or 1x monthly net income, whichever is lesser)
- Rate – 4.99%
If you need any financial relief during this time, please contact a local branch or our Member Service Center at 800.642.4482 for more details on these options.
Business Resources/PPP Information
Learn more about the financial options available to assist our business members at this time, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
As a reminder, you can manage your finances from anywhere 24/7 through our online, mobile and telephone banking options. Using these tools, you are able to complete most routine transactions, including checking balances, account transfers, paying bills, and depositing checks.
View our tutorials on how to use Belco’s online and mobile banking.
Your money is safe and insured
There are a lot of things to worry about these days, but the safety of your money in your credit union isn’t one of them. Your money is safe, and your accounts are fully insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) up to $250,000. There is no risk to keeping money in your account, but there are countless risks to holding cash.
Protect yourself from cyber scams
It is important to note that if we reach out to you, we will NEVER ask for confidential information such as your online banking password, personal identification number (PIN) or other account information.
You can review the Federal Trade Commission’s advice for consumers to protect yourself from scams.
Free access to financial counseling, education
Through our credit union’s partnership with GreenPath, you have free access to confidential, one-on-one financial counseling, debt management services, and financial education tools designed to help you achieve your financial goals. To learn more or talk to a counselor for free, call 877-337-3399, or visit www.greenpath.com.
Pennsylvania is experiencing an influx of unemployment scams, false claims and erroneous information sent to residents who never applied. If you receive a letter from the Dept. of Labor and Industry that includes a confirmation award letter and/or PIN number to begin filing, please go to www.uc.pa.gov to investigate. Click the “Learn More” link and follow the steps to report the incident.
Information on where to mail any live checks received is also provided. It is important that you do not cash any checks or spend any funds received in error, as you can be held liable by the US Treasury for those funds. If you have reason to believe that your information has been compromised, please contact Belco Community Credit Union at 717-232-3526 ext.7022 to reach the Fraud & Security Department for assistance.
In uncertain times, the best course is to rely on each other. We will get through this together.
Thank you for believing in Belco!
Click here for the most recent updates.