Join us Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017
On October 19, Belco, along with more than 56,000 credit unions around the world, will mark International Credit Union Day (ICU Day), and create awareness of the philosophy and achievements of the credit union movement. The public is welcome to stop by any of our branches and help us celebrate a worldwide movement that’s made helping people its No. 1 priority for more than 160 years.
- Hot dog lunch and free giveaways from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at all Belco branches
- Enter to win a $50 Visa Gift Card (one winner per branch)
- Bake sale to benefit the Children’s Miracle Network
- For every debit or credit card transaction on 10/19, Belco will donate $0.05 to the Children’s Miracle Network
- Ask about our regular and youth Certificate Specials!
This year’s ICU Day theme is “Dreams Thrive Here,” a reminder of how effective credit unions are at helping all people achieve their biggest goals in life.
Credit unions’ people-first philosophy doesn’t just mean better service; it translates into a better financial deal for consumers as well. Through the first half of 2016, according to data collected by the Credit Union National Association, credit union members saved $9.3 billion over what they would have paid at banks: $1.9 billion through higher yields on savings, $1.2 billion on lower fees, and $6.2 billion on lower loan rates.