COVID-19 Business Assistance
There are many financial options to help our business members through this difficult time. We are here for you! Belco understands the hardships our business members may be facing You are not alone, and there are resources available to help.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Updated Information as of 1/14/2021: As part of the new stimulus bill, Congress passed legislation that includes additional Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding and creates a PPP Second Draw Loan, as well as important PPP program changes. Belco will only be offering PPP Second Draw loans (PPP2) to members who received a PPP First Draw Loan directly from Belco in order to properly meet their needs. The details of the program strongly encourage borrowers to request their PPP Second Draw Loan from the lender where they received their PPP First Draw Loan.
An email was sent out on 1/14/2021 to members who received a First Draw PPP loan with instructions on how to apply for the Second Draw PPP loan if they wish to do so. If you received a First Draw PPP loan from Belco and did not receive the email telling you how to apply for the Second Draw PPP loan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-642-4482 and request an application.
Second Draw Loans for Existing PPP Recipients
The legislation creates a PPP loan called “PPP Second Draw,” a loan for small businesses that meet certain eligibility requirements, that include the following criteria:
- Loan amount: Up to 2.5x your business’s average monthly payroll costs up to $2 million. Accommodation and food services businesses (NAICS codes starting with 72) can borrow up to 3.5x
- Interest rate of 1.0% fixed
- Term: 5 years; payments are not made until loan forgiveness is determined
- No Fees
- Loan Forgiveness: If you comply with forgiveness rules, all or some of your loan can be forgiven
- Employ not more than 300 employees. If you are an employer in the accommodation or food services, (NAICS code starting with 72), you may have 300 employees at each of your business’s physical locations.
- Have used or will use the full amount of first PPP loan
- Demonstrate at least 25 percent reduction in gross receipts in one quarter in 2020 in comparison to that same quarter in 2019 (Example: 2nd Quarter 2019 vs. 2nd Quarter 2020 gross receipts)
- PPP Second Draw Loans cannot be greater than $2 million
- Your business cannot be permanently closed
Use of Loan Proceeds
- Employee payroll, salary and wages
- Interest on loans and mortgages
- Refinance of an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) made between January 1, 2020 and April 3, 2020
- Payment for any cloud computing, software, and other accounting and HR needs
- Property damage costs that are not covered by insurance and that are due to public disturbances that occurred in 2020
- Supplier payments pursuant to a purchase order, contract or order for goods that were in effect prior to receiving the PPP loan that are essential to your operations when the payments were made. Supplier costs for perishable goods can be made before or during the life of the loan.
- Any costs that you incurred to help your business comply with Federal, State, or local requirements beginning on March 1, 2020
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) purchases
PPP2 Application Process
Please check back for the PPP2 application, which will be uploaded along with further instructions when we begin accepting applications from existing PPP1 borrowers with Belco.
- For loan requests under $150,000.00:
- Completed loan application certifying your loan amount requested and that you have experienced a 25% revenue drop
- For loan requests greater than $150,000.00:
- Completed loan application certifying your loan amount requested and that you have experienced a 25% revenue drop.
- 2019 quarterly sales report and 2020 quarterly sales report for same quarter or 2019 annual sales report/tax return and 2020 annual sales report/tax return.
New PPP Borrowers or Borrowers who do not have an existing PPP1 Loan with Belco
If you are a small business that has not applied for PPP funds, the legislation allows these small businesses to apply. In order to meet our existing PPP borrowers’ needs, we will not be accepting new PPP Draw One or PPP Second Draw Loan applications from Borrowers who do not have an existing PPP loan with Belco. However, you can apply with our trusted partner, Credibility Capital.
Chambers of Commerce
Your local Chamber of Commerce is also a great resource for information and different assistance options. Links to local chambers within our footprint are provided below:
Carlisle – https://www.carlislechamber.org/
Lebanon Valley – https://lvchamber.org/
Gettysburg and Adams – http://www.gettysburg-chamber.org/
If you need any financial relief during this time, please contact a local branch or our Member Service Center at 800.642.4482 for more details on the options available. We are proud to support our business members and community.
Thank you for believing in Belco!