In addition, a member must complete nomination form and include a biography of no more than 100 words.
The deadline for nominations is October 31, 2019. The qualifications to serve on the Board or the Supervisory Committee are:
- A nominee must be a member in good standing for at least 12 months prior to being submitted for nomination. A member in good standing means:
- All loans with the Credit Union are current.
- The Credit Union has suffered no losses as a result of the charge off or discharge in bankruptcy of any loans or other obligations to the Credit Union.
- The nominee must consent to a credit report and background check, as permitted by law, and the nominee must be bondable.
- The nominee’s background and experience demonstrate an ability to interpret financial statements and assess business performance.
- The nominee has experience with community organizations or service clubs.
- The nominee demonstrates an understanding of the mission and structure of credit unions.
- The nominee undergoes an interview with the Nominating Committee to review the nominee’s background, skills, and experience.
- A nominee may not be an employee of the credit union.
- A nominee may not be an immediate family member, as defined by current board policy, of an employee, or a current volunteer.
- A nominee understands that Board or Supervisory Committee members have continuing education requirements. The estimated time commitment to fulfill volunteer requirements is eight (8) hours per month.