These are the official Rules of Election for the Belco Community Credit Union 2021 election cycle. During this cycle, four (4) candidates are seeking election to two (2) seats on the Board of Directors.
Voting will begin on February 15 and close March 17, 2021. Eligible voters are members as of the close of business on the last business day prior to December 31, 2020.
1. The election will be conducted by an electronic ballot and mail ballot. Eligible voters who have an email address on file with Belco will receive an email message from Intelliscan, the Teller of Election. This email will contain a personalized link to the candidate information and the ballot enabling you to cast your vote. Eligible members who do not have an email address on file with Belco will receive the candidate information and ballot by mail. This mailing will also include a postage-paid return envelope enabling you to submit your ballot.
2. The election will be decided by a plurality vote. That is, those candidates who receive the highest number of votes will win the seats.
3. In the event of a tie, the Board of Directors of Belco will determine the outcome of the election by a drawing of lots between the candidates so tied.
4. Vote for no more than two (2) candidates for the Board of Directors. Ballots cast for more than two (2) candidates shall be void and will not be counted.
5. The teller of election is Intelliscan.
6. The deadline for voting is March 17, 2021. All ballots, electronic or paper, must be received by the teller of election by midnight on March 17. Return paper ballots to: Belco Community Credit Union, C/O Intelliscan Inc., P O Box 743, Phoenixville, PA 19460-9937.
7. The teller of election will tally the votes, certify the results, and provide the results to the Board of Directors. The election results will be announced by the Board Chair at the Annual Meeting of Members and in other Belco publications as the Board may decide.